Fire & Ice Shiraz 6pack
Lifted aromas of blue fruits with a core of dark plum, overlaid with spice and hint of toasty oak.
Rich plum and Forest berry fruits coat fine-grained tannins with fresh acidity holding the line until the very end.
Awards and Accolades
- Ranked #1 of Top 2018 Shiraz from Coonawarra | The Real Review
- 5 Stars | Winestate Limestone Coast Tasting December 2020 (Finalist for Winestate Wine of the Year)
- Double Gold Medal | CWSA Best Value 2021
- 95 Points | The Real Review, Amanda Yallop
- 95 Points | Winepilot, Ken Gargett
- 92 Points | Wine Orbit, Sam Kim
- 92 Points | Winepilot, Ray Jordan
Behind the name
In the early 1960’s, a week of sub-zero temperatures in Coonawarra forced the locals to employ ‘frost pots’ in the vineyard to keep away the chill from the young vines. Each night was a battle, with the family working every-night to save the vines and their livelihood.
The clear sky warned of the battle to come and in the dead of night the temperature dropped, a frost was descending. A glow filled the sky as the pots were lit and the vineyards were ablaze with the warmth of the fires pushing back against the cold. So was the battle of Fire & Ice.
Sourced from a selection of vineyards in the northern ‘Glenroy’ sub-region of Coonawarra, South Australia.
Machine picked, the fruit was fermented on skins and pumped over twice daily to ensure maximum extraction of colour and flavour. Once dry the wine was pressed and pumped to new and used oak barrels to complete malolactic fermentation.
On completion of malolactic fermentation the wine was racked off lees and then transferred back to oak for 18 months of final barrel maturation.
Oak used was a mixture of new (25%) and second shave fine grained French and American barrels.